Re-Opening for Service
Dear Fat Lamb Customers:
Many of you have reached out to inquire about dining in at the Fat Lamb and we appreciate your eagerness to support our small business. We hope the following information will answer your questions and help prepare you for the experiences ahead at our restaurant.
As of May 17, 2020, we have completed two continuous months of curbside/takeout service. We are filled with gratitude for the patronage and support during these extenuating circumstances. We never dreamed of changing our entire business model in a weekend and were even more astonished that our customers could keep our business afloat this long. Thank you! A large percentage of our customers prefer to utilize this option and we want to assure you curbside/takeout options will continue indefinitely. Our preferred ordering method is online www.fatlamblouisville.com but we are happy to receive your call at 502-409-7499 as well.
Restrictions are lifting this week for restaurants and while many businesses will open on the 22nd for in-person dining, the Fat Lamb will be opening in June. Due to our square footage and limited seating, coupled with our priority for the safety of our staff and customers we cannot open a traditional dine-in experience at 33% capacity. Please continue to use our curbside/takeout option. Our patio will be available for picnic type seating on a first come first serve basis for diners starting on May 26. There will be regular sanitation of this area along with a trash receptacle for you to discard any waste.
In the coming weeks you will have the opportunity to make a reservation for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights only for in-person dining. Adhering to 33% capacity guidelines, we can only seat 20 people to dine with us at a time for our prix-fixe dining experience (3 courses and ala carte dessert) to prioritize the health and safety of our customers and employees. Customers will enjoy a 90-minute dining experience. Menus will be updated and posted on our website/social media pages and will change frequently. Reservations and pre-payment online at www.fatlamblouisville.com will be required to appropriately staff and limit contact.
The following procedures are being implemented as we return to in-person dining to prioritize safety:
- A credit card is required to make reservations for in-person dining. There is a 24 hour window of cancellation or a $30 per person fee may be charged at our discretion. Please note that if you arrive early for your reservation, we will ask you to remain in your car until your table becomes available. Our bar will not be available for waiting to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Menus will be digital and disposable.
- Cocktail Menu will be limited to streamline and cultivate your in-person dining experience.
- Tables and chairs will be completely sanitized prior to your arrival. No table décor will be placed and utensil rolls will be distributed after seating.
- Door handles will be sanitized every 30 minutes and restrooms will be sanitized every hour.
- Maximum 6 guests (from one household) per table and tables will be a minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Please limit movement throughout the restaurant to your assigned table and the restrooms.
- All staff will be wearing masks and washing hands/sanitizing hands frequently during your dining experience. Customers are not required to wear masks while dining although we do ask that you please wear a mask when leaving your table for any reason and we recommend you provide your own Ziploc style bag to contain your mask to avoid contamination. Please be kind and respect the rights of others.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance to use upon arrival and departure.
We recognize these new policies will change your dining experience but want to assure you that our commitment to health and safety is our number one priority. We miss our customers so much and look forward to seeing you again soon! We will welcome you with a wave and appreciate your continued compassion for our small business.
Dallas and Laura McGarity. Owners